Waxing sessions, though effective for hair removal, often come with the downside of pain and discomfort. However, the use of numbing cream has emerged as a practical solution to enhance the comfort and ease associated with waxing. Whether obtained over-the-counter or through a prescription, numbing creams come in varying strengths, catering to individual needs. This article aims to delve into the realm of numbing cream, exploring its functionalities, and presenting an array of products available in the market today.
Benefits of Numbing Cream for Waxing
The popularity of numbing cream has soared as it serves as a reliable ally in diminishing the pain and discomfort experienced during waxing sessions. Particularly for individuals new to the waxing experience, both the mental and physical challenges can be overwhelming. However, the integration of numbing cream into the waxing routine transforms the experience, rendering it significantly more comfortable. Here are some notable benefits of incorporating numbing cream for waxing:
Pain Relief: The primary advantage of using numbing cream lies in its ability to alleviate pain during the waxing process. Creams infused with topical lidocaine effectively numb the treated area, reducing the discomfort associated with waxing. This is especially beneficial for those new to waxing or for individuals who find the process traditionally painful.
Longer Lasting Results: Another noteworthy benefit is the potential for longer-lasting results. By using numbing cream before a waxing appointment, the diminished discomfort and resistance during the procedure facilitate the removal of more hairs in fewer passes. This efficiency contributes to superior results in a shorter overall time frame.
Easier Hair Removal: Numbing creams not only alleviate pain but also streamline the hair removal process. The numbing effect facilitates smoother and easier removal of hair, enhancing the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the waxing session.
How to Use Numbing Cream for Waxing
Waxing, while a popular method of hair removal, is notorious for its potential pain. To mitigate this discomfort, many individuals turn to numbing creams, topical anaesthetics designed to block nerve signals, temporarily numbing the application area. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use numbing cream for waxing:
4. Massage and Distribute: Gently massage the numbing cream into the skin using circular motions. This helps the cream penetrate the outer layers of the skin, ensuring even distribution and better numbing effects.
5. Cover with Plastic Wrap: To enhance the numbing process, cover the applied area with plastic wrap. This creates a barrier that helps the cream stay in place and promotes deeper absorption into the skin. It also prevents the numbing cream from drying out too quickly.
6. Wait Patiently: Give the numbing cream enough time to work. Waiting for at least 20 minutes allows the lidocaine to penetrate the skin and desensitize the nerve endings, minimizing the pain associated with waxing.
7. Remove Excess Cream: After the recommended waiting time, carefully remove any excess numbing cream from the skin. You can use a damp cloth or tissue for this step.
8. Begin the Waxing Process: Now that your skin is adequately numb, you can proceed with the waxing process. Follow the standard waxing procedure, whether you’re doing it at home or visiting a professional salon.
9. Observe and Reapply if Necessary: During the waxing process, pay attention to your comfort level. If you start to feel any discomfort, you can reapply a small amount of numbing cream to the area and wait for a few minutes before continuing.
10. Follow Post-Waxing Care: Once the waxing is complete, follow appropriate post-waxing care, such as applying a soothing lotion or gel to calm the skin and reduce any potential redness or irritation.
Common Side Effects & Precautions
Understanding the potential side effects and precautions associated with medications is crucial for maintaining health and safety. Common side effects are typical reactions that may vary among individuals. Here’s a closer look at common side effects and the accompanying precautions:
Nausea or Upset Stomach: Common side effects such as nausea or an upset stomach can be triggered by certain medications, including antibiotics or pain relievers, especially if taken on an empty stomach. To mitigate this, it’s advisable to take the medication with food and plenty of water. If nausea persists, consult your doctor to discuss adjusting the dosage or exploring alternative medications.
Drowsiness or Fatigue: Another prevalent side effect is drowsiness or fatigue, often associated with antihistamines and sleeping pills. Avoid operating heavy machinery or driving while using these drugs to minimise this risk. Ensure you get adequate rest before engaging in activities requiring alertness or concentration. Additionally, refrain from consuming alcohol while on these medications, as it can intensify drowsiness.
Numbing cream for waxing emerges as a valuable option for individuals seeking pain relief during the waxing process. Beyond merely numbing the skin, it plays a pivotal role in reducing overall sensitivity, making it more manageable to undergo extensive procedures like full-body waxing. Furthermore, the application of numbing cream contributes to minimizing post-waxing redness and irritation. In summary, numbing cream proves to be an effective means of enhancing the overall comfort and enjoyability of the waxing experience.